SPORT MAKERS – Places People Play legacy programme
– Herts target of 833 new volunteers in the 16+ age group helping to deliver activity to the 16+ age group
– Working with partners to set up workshops and provide Sport Maker placements
– Open Workshops:
Welwyn Hatfield, 18th July, 6.30pm, Herts Sport Village
– School and FE/HE workshops from September.
– Sport Makers & volunteer placement providers register at www.sportmakers.co.uk
For further details contact Peter Simmons firstname.lastname@example.org or 01707 281204
INSPIRED FACILITIES – Places People Play legacy programme
– £50million Funding for capital projects by Clubs and community projects (£20,000-£50,000) and Local Authority and statutory bodies, such as schools (£20,000-£150,000 with match funding)
– Focus on upgrading of facilities. Catalogue of work and equipment available.
– £290,000 granted to Herts Clubs in Round One
– Third round starts 23rd July
– Support available to clubs/organisations from HSP
For further details go to www.sportengland.org/funding.aspx or contact John O’Callaghan at email@example.com or 01707 281009
INCLUSIVE SPORT – Sport England Funding opportunity
– Opportunity to access £8m Sport England fund. Minimum £10,000 application
– County bid by HSP but opportunity for other individual bids
– Plans for inclusion in HSP bid needed by 3rd August
– Submission to Sport England by 31st August with decisions in November
– Workshop taking place on 26th July at University of Herts (Law Courts building)
For further details contact Cheryl Obiakpani firstname.lastname@example.org or 01707 281201
DISCOUNTED SAFEGUARDING & FIRST AID COURSES
– Discounts available to clubs who join Pro-Action, £30 affiliation fee. Details on HSP website
– Safeguarding just £10 (full price £30) and First Aid just £20 (full price £50)
– Schedule of Safeguarding and First Aid courses are on the HSP website at www.sportinherts.org.uk in the Workshop & Courses section.
– Last workshop before Summer break, a few places still available:
– First Aid for Sport & Exercise – Sunday 22 July, 9.30am-4.30pm (£50)
Both at the University of Hertfordshire
For further details contact Rob Hardwick email@example.com or 01707 281204
2012 Workshop Programme
HSP runs a comprehensive workshop programme for local coaches and club volunteers.
Safeguarding & Protecting Children and First Aid workshops are held every 4 to 6 weeks as they are required for Clubmark accreditation and some coaching awards. Other more developmental workshops such as long-term athlete development, how to coach disabled people in sport and Sport England Small Grants are run less frequently
HSP remains the largest provider of workshops in the region and many of the workshops take place at convenient locations around the county.
For details of the workshops go to www.sportinherts.org.uk If you have a query contact: Rob Hardwick 01707 281204
Last edited by Will Hollyer on July 12, 2012