Dacorum Sports Network was formed in 2007 and accredited as a Community Sports Network (CSN) with funding from Sport England in 2008. As a CSN we bring together community clubs, volunteer groups and public organisations involved in delivering sport in the community and ensuring a healthy and active community – including public sporting facilities providers, local councils, and schools.
Our role includes:
- Providing a voice for sport in Dacorum
- Supporting and representing local community sports clubs
- Lobbying for the promotion and development of sport in our area
- Encouraging participation in sport and active leisure (incl. club membership)
- Helping to develop sporting facilities and the delivery of sporting opportunity in Dacorum
- To work with our partners to maximise utilisation of facilities and support the development of clubs, coaches and volunteers
- Enabling clubs and partner organisations to work together for the benefit the whole community
- Providing a forum to debate issues of common interest and planning to meet the future needs of sport and sporting clubs within our community
Past projects have included:
- Delivering the Olympic legacy in Dacorum via the Olympic and Paralympic Replay Festival
- Activities to encourage people to ‘get back into sport’ including the Tring Sports Forum Sports Taster Days
- Strengthening school/club links
- Setting up satellite sports clubs in schools
- Multi-agency community projects involving schools, clubs and local community police officers
- Special sports projects for adults and children with learning difficulties
- ‘Boxercise’ programme tackling crime and deprivation
- Representing the interests of neqrly 100 clubs already in membership.
In 2008 Dacorum Sports Network was also appointed to administer Dacorum Borough Council’s £100,000 Olympic Fund of grants to local sports clubs as part of the Government’s 2012 Olympic support programme.
In 2013 we organised the Replay Festival – a programme of sporting opportunities and activities across Dacorum that celebrated one year on from London 2012.
In 2014 we partnered with Dacorum Borough Council to win a quarter of a million pounds worth of funding for sport and the promotion of healthy activity in Dacorum.